Friday, August 3, 2007

So it Begins

So, a while ago I decided to do a Nanowrimo for charity, and then promptly did nothing about it. I've finally decided how I want to approach this. Originally, my plan was to run a pledge per 1000 words, but I have recently realised that this is probably not the best way to go about it. Mainly because I will run out of incentive to finish. Instead, what I will do is get pledges that only need to be made on completion of the 50 000 words.

The charity that will be helped is Animals in Distress, a charity that I feel could do with as much help as I can give.

This blog will be used to build up to the main event, keep track of pledges and general admin related issue type things.

2 comments:

halfhaggis said...

Better is an exponential pledge system, rather than a linear one, or your suggestion of pledge on total success.

I say this because, having attempted NaNoWriMo myself, I know that the 50,000 words in 30 days target is really not easy at all.
Even if you fail, you still want to give something to the cause.

For every 1000 words, double the pledge amount.
I've checked the numbers, and this actually will encourage you to complete the challenge, in order to avoid embarrassment. The donation values don't become reasonable until you've written about 48,000 words. The embarrassment of having to donate 5 cents to the cause will force you to complete the 50,000.

n/a said...

Hi,
It's a good way to put off a Nano !
See you in November !